This class will focus on proven approaches for successful acrylic paintings. Subject matter will be the student’s choice. No previous painting experience with acrylics necessary. The class will introduce students to fundamental concepts of color mixing, composition, and paint application. The class will be a fun and non-competitive environment to indulge your creative impulse
Friday afternoons from 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm, Nov. 1 through Nov. 22, 2019 . Classes will be held in our upstairs studio at 205 E. Main St., Front Royal, Virginia.
Class fee: $185 per person. Materials are not included.
Minimum of three students registered by October 30, 2019 for class to form.
Recommended materials list:
- Reference Material: Bring small sketches or photographs you have shot yourself. Please do not bring photos that were shot by someone else.
- Canvases: 2 canvases per day of painting. Bring canvas of the following size(s) that appeal to you. 8″ x 10″ up to 16″ x 20″
- Paint: Artist grade paints: Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red Light, Permanent Alizarin, Cobalt Blue, UtramarineBlue, Cobolt Green Deep
- Brushes: I have switched to animal-friendly synthetic brushes for all my painting needs. Bring a maximum of 2 each.
Princeton Catalyst Polytip Synthetic Bristle Brushes
Long handled Synthetic flats sizes 4, 6, 10, 12
- Palette: Glass, plastic or wood palettes are the key to learning to mix color properly
- Tarp: Tarps to protect the floor can be purchased inexpensively from hardware stores and other venues.
- Miscellaneous: Wet painting carrier, paper towels, paint scraper, garbage bags, stainless steel leak-proof brush washer, Winsor & Newton Artists' Acrylic Slow Drying Medium (if you need to slow drying time)
- About the instructor: An award-winning, self-taught artist, Armand is a full-time oil & watercolor painter represented by galleries across the United States. Armand has had numerous One-Man Exhibitions and his work is found in notable corporate and private collections around the world.
Class policies: We understand that scheduling conflicts do happen. You may cancel your class for a full refund up to 48 hours before the first class, by phone or in person. No refunds will be issued after this time.
In case of inclement weather, we will reschedule the class. Please check our Facebook page for updates on class cancellations due to weather.
In this fun and fast-paced workshop, you'll learn how to use sketching to creatively document your life (things...
This one day workshop will be an introduction to color theory as it applies to...
This one day workshop is designed to increase your knowledge of perspective theory as it...